Re: mke2fs problem

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Jesse Goldman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >From what I hear, there's a serious problem with that version of e2fsprogs
> (at least fsck) which may be affecting your new file-system. Also, I
> believe that 2 Gigs is the limit on a Linux filesystem's size so perhaps
> that's causing you problems as well...

IIRC, 2 gigs is the limit on a file, not a filesystem.  I believe the
limit on the filesystem is in the terabytes.  Probably more than any
harddrive most people will run (although nasa's daac would have problems
:-).

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds