Re: what's the better mta?

On Jul 29, Bruno O. M. Simoes wrote

> I'm installing a linux box as mail server, and would like to know what is
> the better MTA to use.
> I'm thinking about smail, but I guess sendmail is most popular.
> Anyway, I don't discard another mta, since it's realy good.
> Do you have any sugestion?

Using Debian GNU/Linux you are able to use some different MTAs.
You shoul depend your decision which one to use on you personal
experiences and your needs.

The question 'which is the better mta' can't be answered.
It's the same as with 'is emacs better than vi' &c.

If you're not familiar with any mta it would be a good idea
to install one and try to configure it.  If you fail, purge
it and install the next one.  You'll find the mta you like
best.

Joey

--
Individual Network e.V.                _/                     OrgaTech
joey@office.individual.net            _/              joey@orgatech.de