Re: running a program on x logout

robert havoc pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

[snip]

> Hmm. The new problem, doing it this way, is that I can't run
> ssh -f remotehost xbiff
> in any of the fvwm2 startup files, because it tries to run before I can
> type in the pass phrase for ssh-add. I was doing this in .xsession:
> ssh-agent
> ssh-add
> exec fvwm2
> which waits for ssh-add to finish getting the pass phrase, then runs
> fvwm2, and works fine except that ssh-agent won't quit at the end of the
> session.

I would do the following, simplified from what I have:

.xsession:           #!/usr/bin/zsh
                     exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent ~/.xsession-real

.xsession-real:      #!/usr/bin/zsh
                     /usr/bin/ssh-add < /dev/null
                     exec /usr/bin/X11/fvwm2

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"these are not inherent flaws in [NT] -- they don't happen by accident.
 They are the result of deliberate and well-thought-out efforts." - MS