Re: ICQ

I don't use Win95 either, but I used to so that is how I know what it is and
why I want a Linux version.

Andy way it is a cool little app.  Pretty much what it does is let you make a
list of people and then notify you when they are on line.  It then lets you
find out there IP address, send them messages, chat, send files and all that
fun stuff.  These other people have to have ICQ also of course.  It is pretty
neat because you can just drop someone a message and if they are on line then
the get it right then or if the are off it sends it to a server run bye
Mirabilis wick waits for them to come on line and then forward it to them.
You can open up multiple person chat and send people URLs, pictures, files and
email.  It is built in with a lot of Win95 junk that wouldn't be needed on a
Linux version.  Like it will automaticly call an app if say someone sends you a
wav file it calls a wav player or it will call your web browse if they send you
a URL.  It only does this when you want it to so don't worry about your web
browser opening up all the sudden if someone sends you a URL.  It is also very
customizable.

This is in my opinion one of the better little Utils out there.  It would be
really cool if they got it multiplatoform so I could use it with my buddies who
use Win95, or Mac, or Linux the ICQ would be a killer app.

Want more info?  go to http://www.mirabilis.com

E-Mail: Travis Cole <tcole@atheist.dyn.ml.org> -- <tcole@methow.com>
http://www.methow.com/~tcole -- Get my Public Key here
Date: 28-Jul-97