Re: running a program on x logout

robert havoc pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>  I want to run a program when I log out of my X session (specifically,
> "kill $SSH_AGENT_PID") and I can't figure out how.
>   Xreset runs as root, and this should be run by the user.
>  fvwm2's ExitFunction also runs when you restart, and I don't want to do
> this if I just restart the window manager, only when I quit the session
> entirely.
>  I can think of some hacks, but is there a nice way to do it? Using xdm or
> fvwm2?
>  TIA,
>   Havoc Pennington

Why do you need to kill it? It sounds like you're starting it the
hard way. Make sure you have 'allow-user-xsession' in /etc/X11/config.
Then make your ~/.xsession as:

#!/bin/bash
exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2

Then when you exit it will go away all by itself! I assume that
currently your starting it in your fvwm InitFunction. Rather,
in your InitFunction you can run ssh-add, which will pop up a nice
little window first thing.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com