Re: title bar terrorism

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:

> I sometimes use the gnu midnight commander.  It scribbles all sorts of
> more or less useful things in the title bar of the xterm it is running
> in.  I usually have meaningful titles for my windows, and
> "mc - Thank you for using GNU Midnight Commander" isn't one of them.  Is
> there a way to prevent programs from writing into an xterm's title bar?

Simply disable it in the menu "Options - Layout - Xterm hintbar".

This is not useful as general advice. Regrettably there are other programs
like 'pine' or 'vim' which are loading the title bars with silly messages as
well, but one can't turn it off as easy as in MC.

                                        Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   Our AMA Homepage  in  the WWW at  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bender/