Re: Setting up mail.

Try the following:

<some stuff snipped>

One other thing you need to do: add a blank line, followed by the
following lines to /etc/smail/directors. THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST LINES
OF THE FILE. Otherwise, mail loss is a definite possibility.

smartuser:
        driver=smartuser;
        new_user=$user@<insert POPhost here>, well_formed_only

That tells smail that any mail which it thinks is for it, but it
doesn't know how to deal with should be sent to your POP host.
Without those lines, you will not be able to send mail to anyone else
at your ISP.

<end of include>

This is from Larry 'Daffy' Daffner, who save me many headaches.
If you want the complete post, I can send it to you.

Later

Rob

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU