Re: Libc5: Idconfig error

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, K.Y.Lo wrote:

 : I have the basic debian 1.2, installed Libc5 and Binutils but it was an error.
 :
 : install Libc5.deb then what happened?
 :
 : ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/local/lib (no such file or directory),
 : skipping.
 :
 : i know that, but i dont know what name of library files?
 : Which one of the deb files do I need ? eg. libbfd2.7.0.9.deb
 : Sometimes, I confused to find out the huge library on Ftp site.
 :

I don't think you need an additional library.
Try removing /usr/local/lib from /etc/ld.so.conf, and run `ldconfig' once
again.. I think the error will get lost

Remco

--
// Remco van de Meent