ftpd(netstd2.09-2): File permission defaults for ftp uploads?

This is an old problem I have suffered from since the beginning, but never
cared to talk about. Still it is annoying.

I'm running the ftp daemon that comes with netstd 2.09-2. The problem is that
independently of the client, a file uploaded on this server is not readable by
others. You have to issue a "chmod" which many windows client a reluctant to
do. This is very inconvenient for many things, like uplodaing web files.

The bestial solution might be to upgrade to wu-ftpd, but I would rather not.
Any workaround known?

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+ Tel:(33)450.09.16.75 Fax:(33)450.27.94.95 http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/ +
"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."
Baseball great Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by
a ball in the 1934 World Series