Re: Host/nslookup, sendmail, bash

>>Tessa Lau wrote:
 >On Sunday, Steve Hsieh mumbled:
 >> I don't know the answer to this...but did you try removing your domain
 >> entry from your resolv.conf file to see if that made a difference (so that
 >> there are only nameserver lines and a search line)?
 >
 >I don't have a domain entry in my resolv.conf:
 >
 >search cs.washington.edu washington.edu edu
 >nameserver      128.95.1.4
 >order hosts, bind
 >
 >Are there any other ideas?

:-)  dpkg --purge sendmail; dpkg -i qmail_1.00-2.deb

(qmail is in project/experimental).

As for netscrape, IIRC netscape installer package fixes some of
the problems.  It is in contrib; you have to place original
tar.gz from netscape into /tmp in order to install.
Alternative is to unpack it somewhere using
dpkg -x <package> <target_dir>, look at the contents and modify
your netscrape setup accordingly.  Hopefully that'll cure it.

HTH
--
Dimitri
reply to