Re: FAX?

Jason Costomiris wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Paul Miller wrote:
>
>> I didn't see any how-to's on configuring Linux to send/receive fax..
>> where can I start?  -- programs, info, etc?
>
>Start by installing the efax package.

Or mgetty+sendfax. Efax will occupy the modem so that you can't have any
other dial-in except fax. Mgetty+sendfax allows you to receive data (login
or ppp auto detected) as well on the same modem. With a ZyXEL modem you can
even receive voice, data and fax!

I use mgetty+sendfax to answer the modem and efax to send. All this
software is on the RedHat 4.2 CD. (I know this is the debian list, but I am
actually running RedHat on most of my machines, sorry..)

Mike.