Graphics only from root

Hi!

	I have installed Linux from Debian 1.3.1/1.3.2 in a Cyrix200P-based
system. XWindows runs smoothly from the root account, but it doesn't run
at all from other accounts. In fact, even programs outside XWindows
that use graphics (such as gnuplot) will not run outside the root account.
Gnuplot says that the terminal type is "unknown" (instead of "linux").

	I have already copied all my .* files from ~root to ~harald, but
it doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Harald
P.S. Thanks a lot to those who helped me with my previous (unrelated)
question.