dns in an LAN?

Hi....

 I have an debian linux box as server in an local area network, where
all clientes machines are in Windows.

 I have not an DNS server, thus all IP/name translations are doing
through the "/etc/host" file that I have in every machine.

I want install an DNS server in my linux box to avoid the modificy every
"/etc/host" file in every machine when a newer client machine is add to
the network,but.....how can I do it?

I just intalled the "bind" pakage,answer the cuestions it made me in the
installation, but how can I say it the IP address and names of the
network machines?

thanks.

bye