Re: anonymous ftp/wu-ftp/addftpuser

> > Did you try to configure manually the properties of these directories?
> > For
> > example, if you have a directory /pub and want an anonymous either
> > *read*
> > it, type "chmod 5 /pub" or *read n'write* it, type "chmod 7 /pub".
> > Regards
> > Bruno
>
> I already check that.. the ftp (anonymous) user has read & execute to
> each of the directories include the home dir...  I double checked chown
> and chmod... I don't understand...

I ran into this exact same problem!!!!  Extremely frustrating!!!
Unfortunately, this was about 6 months ago, and, of course, I didn't
document the solution....   (I'm always meaning to get around to
that....<grin>...)   However, I seem to remember that my problem was with
/etc/inetd.conf....  The following is my line from this file regarding ftp
services:

ftp             stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/wu-ftpd -a -d

Of course, I have wu-ftpd installed....

I hope this helps....  When I had this problem, putting the question to
this mailing list provided lots of suggestions, but, unfortunately, none of
them helped....   I even tried deinstalling and reinstalling the ftpd
packages, but that didn't help either.

Anyway, good luck.

Later,

Kevin Traas			Baan Business Systems