sendfax problem - revisited

Last month Sylvain Briole wrote about this problem that I am now also
experiencing:

  bash# sendfax -x 5 -v 5551212 fax.g3
  Trying fax device '/dev/ttyS0'... OK.
  sendfax: cannot set fax station ID

Changing the sendfax.config value for the fax id does not seem to
matter.

I did not find any solution while searching the archives.

Does anyone know what is causing this?  A solution?

I'm using Debian 1.3/Linux 2.0.27/mgetty+sendfax 1.0 with a USR
Sportster 14400 faxmodem.  I know it can fax, since I've done a good
bit of faxing (sending and receiving) in Windoze.

Mark Mabry
mmabry@ctron.com