Diskless WS with Debian/nfsroot 0.5

Hi, I'm trying to setup a diskless workstation using Debian. In the not so near future this can grow to a lab with 10 or more diskless WS's, and I'm just exploring right now.

I installed nfsroot (it's the one in hamm as of 07/22, 0.5-1 I think), read use.doc, and also NFSroot and NFSroot-Client howto's. So far, nfsroot looks promising. I set up everything according to use.doc, and as far as I can tell, everythig's OK. First I used the kernel provided by nfsroot but later I rolled one of my own that had everythig that the howto's and use.doc pointed out. The client boots, sends a BOOTP request, the server answers, the client gets it's IP and mounts root... and that's it. It freezes there. I scanned the logs on the server but there's nothing that seems to be related to this. Where do I look for possible problems? (The server machine is hamm, as close to lastest as my local mirror is... that would be, master.debian.org's contents as of 07/22/97 ~1200 GMT)

As far as I can remember, after printing "VFS mounted root..." the machine should print "Switching to runlevel 4", but it doesn't. What does the machine run to make the switch?

TIA,

				Marcelo Magallon