latex2html and lyx

I have installed both lyx (0.10.7-3) and latex2html (96.1.h-3).  I wish to
write documents in lyx and reproduce them in HTML via latex2html.

Trouble is:

when lyx makes a "nice" latex file instead of "{\bfseries bla bla}" it
produces "\bfseries bla bla\mdseries" which latex2html then munges into
"<B>bla bla<BR><BR>" and then at the close of the environment closes with
a "</B>".

Hence I get line breaks where I don't want them and bold continuing to the
end of the environment!  Is there a fix for this?  Either in lyx or
latex2html?

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)