mgetty, g3tolj

I am using mgetty to receive faxes. I use g3tolj to put them in printable
form for a HP Laserjet III. I get this error:

   EOF / read error at line 0

The page goes on to the printer, who complains about not having any A4
paper, and the script quits. If I hit the Continue/Reset button on the
printer, it goes ahead and prints anyway. This works fine with single
page faxes, but I get quite a few multi-page ones.

TIA

mike