Re: seeking newsreader suggestions

On Jul 22, Hamish Moffatt wrote
> I'm looking for a new newsreader, and was wondering if somebody
> can recommend one. Features I'd particularly like are;
>   * PGP support,
>   * URL extraction (then run Lynx, etc);
>   * Mail aliases (ideally from the same file as my MUA).
>
> Actually I want something that works just like mutt, but for news. :-)
> Any suggestions?

There appears to be a strong correlation between using mutt and using slrn
See http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/ for nice material on both.

I'm not aware of PGP or mail aliases support in slrn, but it is very
extendable (esp. through S-lang, though I didn't need it yet). It has
mutt-like URL extraction.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,