Re: Need help with X

> Well it seems that I cannot accomplish anything without help from the
> readers of this list.  I tried to install X Windows by telling dselect
> to install xbase and the other files it said it needed to go with it,
> but of course it didn't work.
>
> I installed these packages:
>
> xbase_3.3-3.deb
> xfnt75_3.3-3.deb
> xfntbase_3.3-3.deb
> xserver-vga16_3.3-3.deb

What video card do you have?
If VGA (not SVGA) then you would just have to go through the
installlation of xserver-vga16 and chose VGA16 server instead of SVGA.

If you have a different kind of card, you will have to install
the xserver-* that would fit your card, run xserver-vga16 installation
again and chose appropriate server there.

Hope this helps.

Alex Y.

--
   _