Re: ntp ... sets my time an hour off

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:00:57 -0400, Paul Miller <Paul@LuckyNumber.com> said:
> >
> > I installed xntp the other day and it sets my time an hour behind the
> > actual time.. when I type 'date -R' is says my time zone is -0500
> > which is correct (EST)...
>
> I don't know the cause of your problem, but -0500 isn't correct for
> Eastern time.  Since daylight savings is in effect now it should be
> saying -0400 (and date -R does say that here, where I've also got xntp
> running).

EST is always -0500, EDT is -0400.  I live in one of those strange places that doesn't
use daylight savings, so I'm always on EST.  Paul's /etc/timezone should probably be
US/East.  (mine is US/East-Indiana)
Hope this helps

> What is in your /etc/timezone file?
>
> --
> Roderick Schertler
> roderick@argon.org
>

> --

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU