Re: efax problem

Johann Spies wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
> > Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > > I am using efax with a Zoltrix 14400 modem.  I have no problem with faxes
> > > sent from my machine, but the ones I received so far are all vertically
> > > compressed.  The width is ok but the height is about half what it should
> > > be.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > Most likely they're not "vertically compressed". Rather they are
> > simply Standard, rather than Fine, resolution. There's a program
> > included with efax to stretch them the way you expect to see them.
>
> The only program I could see that should be able to do it, is efix,
> and I could not rectify the problem with that.  My "fax" script is
> configured to work with A4-format.
>
> I just received a fax again and the dimensions of the printout is
> 140mm x 210mm in stead of 297mm x 210mm.  The "fax view" command shows
> that it is not just a printout-problem.  The image is like that.
>
> If it is a configuration-problem, I would like to know how to fix it.

Yes, the image problem is that the aspect ratio is not 1x1. You get
half the number of "lines" in a standard resolution fax. All you need
to do is duplicate each line and it will look normal. There's a program
called g32pbm which comes in the mgetty-fax package which will do
this for you at the same time as converting a g3 file to pbm format.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com