Re: Gcc errors while compiling 3com updated driver 3c59x.c

Thank you Andrea! :-)

> put a blank between the option '-c' and the input file argument
> '3c59x.c'.

It did work with the space. :-) You see the source code has a carriage
return just at that point.  I assumed as all of the other arguments were
glued together this one would be too.  I did notice the man page and
corrected it just a while ago.  But thanks alot for your prompt reply! :)

I was very very happy to *finally* be able to get my Linux setup to
compile things (after many diskettes back and forth).  I am disapointed
though as I got the 3c59x.c file precompiled into 3c59x.o, copied it to
the appropriate module directory, did the depmod -va, modprobe -v 3c59x,
rmmod, modconf, rebooting, geez everything and the card still does not
work! :-(  (the good news is I get heaps less errors at boot time!)

Am I *still* missing something???  Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Dave