Any chroot experts

I think I have quite a challenge for the experts.

I recently attended an internet security talk, and one thing that caught
my attention is placing an offender in a virtual playpin or jail cell,
where they could do all the damage they wanted without hurting the actual
setup.  I figured this was done using a chroot environment.  So far, I've
been able to chroot to /mnt/playpin as root, and run most commands without
any problem (I have a second debian installation on another harddisk).
However I'd like to make this more transparent to the user (i.e. they
don't know they aren't on the actual setup) and it's secure (you have to
be root to chroot, and these could be professional crackers here).  I was
wondering if anyone is familiar with doing this, or if you know of any
documentation.

How I want it to be done:
1) on a per user basis, I don't want regular users to be affected
2) all services changed, rlogin, ssh, telnet, ftp...
3) completly transparent, offender doesn't know they have been moved
  (I can handle a copied filesystem, however, some programs didn't work
when I tried it out, i.e.:
	hobbes# login
	Unable to determine your tty name.
they shouldn't see problems like this.)

It might be easier if I had a spare computer, however, I'm worried that
some resourses won't match (i.e. uptime).

Oh, and to make it a little harder, it would be nice if w, finger, last,
etc. showed the users on the actual setup and the playpin.

Thanks for any tips,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds