Debian doesn't like my SCSI controller!

I am having difficulty installing Debian. It boots up, and does the
screens of the hardware info, and it gets to the SCSI part. It detects
my SCSI card(DTC3280), and the 2 hard drives and the cd-rom drive hooked
up to it. It then sends a few commands to it(I think), and the system
locks up. The hard drive access light stays on, and after about 10
minutes the monitor goes black. If I take out BOTH of the hard drives,
leaving the cd-rom, it works fine(until I try to partition the HD). I
have tried everything I can think of, even tried RedHat(to no avail).
Please help me, as I have never used Linux before, and only use Unix
once in a while.

Andrew Tipton