Re: bash 2.01

Jens B. Jorgensen writes:

>Hong Huang wrote:
>>
>> BG Lim <s_beng@eduserv.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:
>>
>> bash 2.01 is in the Incoming directory of master.debian.org. However, it's
>> compiled against libc6. If you still stay with bo (1.3.1), you'll have to
>> grab the debianized source codes, make necessary modification and compile
>> it against libc5.
>>

>Wouldn't this problem satisfy the criteria of being added to the
>bo distribution, even though bo is "frozen"?
>
>--

I second this, the bash 2.0 bug of handling ((....  is making life
difficult for lots of programs that call sh(linked to bash) to run
external programs, such as Netscape for all its helper applications.

Can I change the sym link of sh to ash to temporarily work around
this?  I use tcsh in all my shells so sh is only used by shell scripts
and programs that come in packages.

Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu