print time problems

Hi,

My debian box has one standard parallel port, and one installed
on an additional card. My laser printer is attached to the first
and works fine for a long time. Now I've connected an ink jet
printer to the second. The laser still works fine but the ink
takes almost 5 hours to print a page. The same data (sent to
the printer from DOS, with the same hardware setup) takes
only 17 minutes. I tried to swap the printer conections, but with
the same result. To make sure it's not a printcap issue, I also
tried to cat it to the /dev. I have bo and 2.0.30. Any advice?

TIA

--
Ciccio C. Simon
ciccio@arrakis.es