Re: dselect through a firewall?

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Wish I knew that back when I was behind the thing :> Anyhow, if I have the
> time I might add an option for those kind of firewalls..

I know in my case (ANS Interlock) it didn't work.  And it wasn't for lack
of trying let me tell you!  It asks for a username and
password, and then you have to type quote site <sitename> and then the
remote sites username and password if any.

> FTP over
> HTTP-Proxy should be a last resort kind of thing anyhow..

Perhaps the best way would just be to integrate Deity with expect or some
such scripting language so people with these oddball setups can work it
out for themselves.

> BTW, anyone have Debain mirrored that can be accessed with a web server?

I do.  But it's behind a firewall. :-(

-- Jaldhar