Autologin

Hello,

Attached below is a shar file which contains three tiny scripts which
implement "autologin" -  that is, when the system boots, it acts as
if a default user has logged in through XDM.  Once that user loggs out,
the usual XDM procedure takes place.

'autologin' should go to /etc/init.d, the other two files should go to
/usr/local/bin.

Notes:

1. You have to disable the XDM *script* in /etc/rc?.d/ but NOT
   the 'start-xdm' line in /etc/X11/config.

2. I linked this script under /etc/rc[2345].d/S99autologin

I've used these scripts for a few months by now, and until recently I
used to boot my machine every night, so I consider them as testted.

Would the people who's responsbile for this area (who are they? The
XFree package maintainer?) consider adapting this into Debian?

Any questions should be directed to me at amos@gezernet.co.il

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL       amos@gezernet.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous