perl script

I upgraded my system to hamm recently, and I am having trouble with a script
I have been using to create invoices. The error message is:

------ Snip ------

mike:~$ invoice -n
Illegal character \015 (carriage return) at /home/mschmitz/bin/invoice line 3.
(Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

The only transfers this script has gotten have been accomplished by cp. If
I put a # at the end of line 3, the error just moves up one.  Has anyone
seen/solved this error?

--
  Mike Schmitz     mschmitz@bend-or.com    http://www.bend-or.com/~mschmitz
  Don't blame me - I voted libertarian!    http://www.lp.org/