Re: dselect through a firewall?

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > It did work but it wasn't very polished.  With Deity on its way and CDs
> > going for as little as $3.99, there is probably not much point but if
>
> I'm going to try to make sure that deity will support a FTP over
> HTTP-Proxy and HTTP over HTTP-Proxy methods, I am usualy behind such a
> firewall myself..

Just remember, many people can use dpkg-ftp through a firewall if their
proxy is a 2 step procedure+password.  All you do is tell dselect to ftp
to the firewall.  Then set it to respond with anonymous@ftp.debian.org,
and then when the password is asked, use username@site.com.  I used this
method for a while when I was behind a TIS fwtk based firewall, and then
behind Gaunlet, which behaved the same.

Shaya