emacsclient

Hi, emacs semi-newbie here..

I want to use emacsclient, so I added this to my .emacs file:

(load-library "server")
(server-start)

But when emaics loads, it says "Server subprocess exited", and xmacsclient
complains that the server isn't running. What do I need to do?

(I'm using xemacs, these version numbers:
ii  xemacs19        19.15-3.1      XEmacs 19.15 editor and kitchen sink
ii  xemacs19-suppor 19.15-3.1      Support files for XEmacs 19.15.
)

--
see shy jo