General install question

I have not received my CD I ordered yet so I do not have the docs yet.
I would like some suggestions.  I plan to install debian 1.3.1 on my
second IDE drive.  Win '95 is on my first formatted FAT32.  I have to
keep the Win '95 because my family shares my machine.  What is the
easiest way to give me the option of going to Linux during boot without
easily giving my less than competent family easy access or confusing
them with choices.