Re: SCSI CD-PD problem

"F. L. Szot/Dr. Lightning" wrote:

> Anyway, my Compaq 9240 came with a combination CD-Rom/Optical drive.

Recompile a kernel, enabling Multiple LUNs in the SCSI stuff.
The PD-CD should then be detected as two separate devices.

A note to Compaq buyers:  They don't ship a SCSI PD-CD anymore!
Now it's a IDE/ATAPI interface model and doesn't work with Linux 2..0.X
kernels.  I have heard that it may be possible to get it to work
under 2.1.X kernels, but haven't tried yet.  I'm stuck with one
but Compaq said they `may' replace it.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada