missing file

Anyone know what package stddef.h is in?  I had to re-install debian in
attempts to get my AWE32 drivers to work.  I had this problem the first
time around and can't remember how I fixed it.  BTW, someone mentioned
running   'make-kpkg clean'  to get things into order so that the AWE
drivers package would take hold, but I still try to compile the kernel
and the driver is not evident, there are no questions relating to the
AWE driver during   'make config'.   the install.sh  script executes
without error, and the files are moved into /usr/src/linux's
subdirectories.  Anyone know what might be going on?

jason