Re: suck is so slow

If you are connecting to a server running INN, it is configured to
throttle article flow to sucking feeds by default.  You will see articles
arrive in a regular pattern of say 20 articles, pause, 20 more, pause.

The only way to correct it is to get the provider to recompile INN with
one of its options (I forget which one ... something like
like_sucking_feed) changed.

You might configure suck to issue the MODE READER command, that MIGHT help
or use newsX which is reported not to trigger this action in INN.

George Bonser
Why is it that the same people that tell us that manned space flight
is a waste of money also tell us that we have been visited by aliens?