Re: Netscape 3.x mail

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Curt Howland wrote:

> I got the modification of the var/spool/mail directory part,
> but not this other thing. Maybe someone will remember what it was.

   You can find info like this in /var/lib/dpkg/info.  It contains a wealth
of info (fun grepping:-) on everything that's installed in your system.

   From the netscape.postinst file in that subdir:

Netscape will not be able to read user mail spool files unless you set
the \"external movemail program\" to \"/usr/lib/netscape/movemail\".
Changing the permissions of /var/spool/mail to 1777 (as suggested by
Netscape) will introduce a small security hole which, under some
circumstances, could allow someone else to get access to another's mail.

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...