Re: Smail configuration

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Alex Monaghan writes:
> > Is there a simple way to get smail to forward mail to my ISP ?
> >
> > Currently it appears to do it's own name resolution and delivery,
> > under Win 95 all mail got sent to the ISP to do this.
> >
> > I am currently getting some delivery timeouts. I'd rather pass the
> > non-local delivery to my ISP. I still want to be able to deliver
> > xxx@mydomain.co.uk & yyy@mydomain.co.uk locally.
>
> run smailconfig (run from postinst) and configure as internet
> leaf site/ with smarthost.

I'd like to do the same thing, but I don't get that option from
smailconfig (smail_3.2-3 from 1.3.1):

You must choose one of the options below:
 (1) Internet site: you send and receive Internet mail on this
    machine, using SMTP over TCP/IP.
 (2) UUCP to smarthost (upstream site):
    You send and receive mail via UUCP; outbound mail is sent to your
    smarthost (probably your service provider) for routing and delivery.
 (3) Satellite system:
    No mail is to be delivered or routed here.  Any mail generated
    on this system is sent to a central mail switch using SMTP.
 (4) Local delivery only:
    You are not on a network.  Mail for local users is delivered.
 (5) No configuration:
    No configuration will be done now; your mail system will be broken and
    should not be used.  You must then do the configuration yourself later or
    run this script, /usr/sbin/smailconfig, as root.

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen