Re: X-Windows...

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:50:26 -0500, Tony Koehn wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why I would want X-Windows???
>
>Is this just a cheesy windows look a like or is there some advantages.  I

Well all the networking things, IE running remote clients, etc....

>did install it once ( a long time ago) but didn't think it even compared to
>Windows 3.0...

X-windows doesn't have any user interface. That is good. But there
really isn't much of a selection of GUI's for X....this is the problem.

The problem with Windows is the peice of shit GUI it has, you're stuck
with.

Right now I live in OS/2 and pray that somebody will port the WPS to X soon.