Re: adduser

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Matthew C. Thompson wrote:

> so what's the fix for adduser? it's not working for me at all. i am
> running 1.3.1 (installed 1.3 and update on a daily basis with dselect).

   As far as I know, the adduser in 1.3.1 hasn't been fixed for some strange
reason.  However, if you grab the adduser package out of hamm (unstable)
it'll work fine.

   Just download the hamm adduser, stick it into /tmp, and then go to /tmp as
root and do a dpkg -i adduser*.  The adduser package is a script so there's
no worries about lib6 libraries or anything.

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...