Re: PPP dial-up script working at last.

upp105@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de said:

> -- after there is a directory /etc/ppp all the files _should_
> be there, IMO. As it is now, the configuration of ppp is not easy to
> understand.

Agreed, though a simple question-and-answer PPP configuration script ought not
to be too difficult. I have one from Sunsite that does the trick, although
under the hood all it does is write your chatscript and leave a script that
does naught but invoke pppd with the proper arguments ;) but I had to go
through two or three for the scrap heap before finding it. Smail configuration
for Debian was impressive in its simplicity - any thoughts on a "Debian PPP
setup script" along the same lines?

 - Mark Powers ---------     "living inside the system is like riding
				through the countryside in a bus driven
                     		by a maniac bent on suicide." - Thomas Pynchon
 -- sudweste @ mint dot net -- mpower31 @ maine dot maine dot edu --