Re: Scroll

> Greetings,
>
> I just have installed base system and I can not scroll using SHIFT+PageUp
> Could somebody tell what is wrong or am I pressing wrong buttons?
> Thanks,

Well, Shift+Pageup are the right buttons, and they work fine for me
on the Virtual Consoles. But note that they don't work after you just
switched Virtual Consoles (ALT_Function-key), or if you just came from
X.

Anyway, it's the kernel itself that does the scrolling, so if it doesn't
work for you it's somethign with your kernel (what version, compile
options, etc.). Or maybe there are packages that when started disable the
scrolling, but I don't know what those are. You should be able to check the
latter by trying to scroll while you are booting the system: initially, it
should work.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj