Re: missing /dev entries in 1.3.1 !!!

In message <[🔎] 33C5BE45.5A9934BE@luckynumber.com>
        Paul Miller <paul@luckynumber.com> writes:

> where are the /dev/cua? entries??  how can I install them?

There was a call by somebody a while ago to remove the /dev/cua?
entries as they should not be used any more (bad locking?) try using
/dev/ttyS? entries instead. The poster requested that people remove
them so that programs that used them could be found and changed to
use the /dev/ttyS? entries.

Is this always the case, or is it sometimes neccessary to change
something else as well? Could someone confirm this so that I can
submit bug reports against a few packages :-)

Adrian