Re: upgrading with Debian

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> how well does Debian upgrade?  For example from 1.2 to 1.3, etc?  I'm
> wondering because RedHat totally destroyed my system when doing any
> upgrades (3.0.3 to 4.0, 4.0 to 4.1, 4.1 to 4.2 all screwed everything
> up)...

Heck,  it was easier than upgrading that _other_ windowing operating
system from that company run by the Bill-guy.  Just point the installation
manager at ftp.debian.org,  update the list of available packages,  select
the ones you want to upgrade,  and let it run.  I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3
this way with no problems.  It's also that easy if you have the updates on
CD-ROM or some other access method ...

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
               		      lowe@eecis.udel.edu