Re: XF86 3.3-3

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:

<snip> [ Problems, "help!" ]

> This also reflects my experience exactly. HELP!!

It works fine for me. I also did an upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 and noticed
the following:
XFree86 3.2 servers are not exactly the same as XFree86 3.3 servers;
The configuration that once worked fine might not be perfect anymore;
The configuration tools in the new package might not be entirely flawless.

I have an s3virge card and upgrading the virge server was not entirely
succesfull. Changing to the new svga server solved the problems.

Besides purging everything and reinstalling (you probably don't want to
have to do that), have you tried to remove (rename) the old configuration
files and then run either 'xbase-configure' or 'XF86Setup'? After that you
can always tweak the new file using parts of the old file (read the new
docs too before you do this).

Good luck,

Joost

ps: here's something from a few days ago that I kept in my mailbox: