Re: Debian on Compaq Deskpro 6000

> Has anyone tried installing Debian 1.3 on a Compaq Deskpro 6000?  It loads
>  the rescue disk then spontaneously reboots.  There's a howto for the
> Deskpro XL out there which I looked at but it didn't help.
>
> Alternative question:  Is there a way to get the kernel to not probe for
> an etherned card?  That's where I suspect it is bombing.

what you might want to do is compile a custom kernel which includes all needed
drivers for that particular box, and replace the linux file on the rescue disk
with the one you compiled.  Don't forget to compile ramdisk support into that
kernel.  If you don't have a linux box around, contact me, and I will compile
the kernel for you.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com