Re: rsh authentication ... (fwd)

The following are my inetd.conf entries.  I'm not running xinetd
or tcp wrappers, yet this still doesn't work.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Incidentally, the man page for ruserok is missing,
which I thought may have provided some clues.  Anyone know where
this is?

Thanks

#:BSD: Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols.
shell           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.rshd       /usr/sbin/in.rshd
login           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.rlogind    /usr/sbin/in.rlogind

> Date: 29 Jun 1997 15:33:56 -0700
> From: "Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg+debuser@inetarena.com>
> To: robertor@typhoon.co.jp
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: rsh authentication ...

>     Richard> I have (after some frustration with explicit entries, as
>     Richard> well as ALL: ALL) removed hosts.deny and hosts.allow on
>     Richard> both machines.
>
>  The solution is to ditch `inetd' and tcpwrappers, and install
> `xinetd'.  It is *MUCH* easier to configure, and has superiour logging
> and access control facilities.
>
>  It should be the SPI standard, not `inetd', IMO.

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan