Re: Netscape: How about some Unix instructions

Bob Clark <rlclark@usa.net> writes:

[snip]

> So, the bug is that bash-2.0 incorrectly considers
> ((...);...) an arithmetic expression with a missing closing
> paren when really it's a proper (list) construct that
> _should_ be accepted by the shell.

[snip]

> What do pdksh and zsh do with this?  Older bash versions (<
> 2.0) work but 2.0 is broken.

It looks like they're both broken, but ash is not.  I just checked and
Solaris 2.5's ksh is _not_ broken like this.  (I don't trust just
Netscape to get it right.)

% ksh -c '((pwd);pwd)'
ksh: pwd);pwd): unexpected `)'
% zsh -c '((pwd);pwd)'
zsh: parse error near `pwd'

I'll look into these a bit further and submit bug reports.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

		      "Deliver.  Where's that?"