Re: a question about SAMBA!!!

I don't know, all it took here is changing a couple of options in the
kernel config and a recompile. About 5 lines in rc.local (could heve been
reduced to three) and a reboot.  Not any trouble. Probably easier than
setting up Apache as a proxy and the users can query a remote POP3 server
for their mail.

> Still a PITA. They're windows users. You have to be sure that they warrant
> the effort of setting it up. Anybody who is going to use these
> protocols/ports in a productive manner would be better off with a 'nix or
> 'nux OS. For the true windows devotees add a 'crash daemon' and they'll
> feel right at home. How about just a bash script that gives them 'The
> system must be restarted for changed settings to take effect. The program
> has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Formatting drive

George Bonser
http://corsica.shorelink.com -- XXXX xxxxx hosting for $XX.XX / month.
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net