Re: using cable modem with Debian?

I fail to understand why diald is needed at all.  These are cable
modems, right?  The cable modems we're using are Zeniths ... 4Mbps
upstream/downstream.  Does your friends modem require use of the phone
lines for any reason?  If not, seems to me a 'shutdown -r now' command
is gonna bring the link down as it reboots.

Am I missing something here, or are you? :)

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff

PS - This sig doesn't reflect my "real" job ... MidcoNet in South Dakota
is rolling out cable access and I get to play too :)